For SAFETY and trail preservation please no bikes between Berkshire and Hampstead. Use indicated route ...THX! NOTE: Some parts of this trail may be closed due to recent rains.
Flint Canyon Trail
Not Difficult/310 (1,050-1,360)
Horse Back Riding
Maintained by the County of Los Angeles
Flint Canyon Trail runs through the Flintridge area, connecting Hahamongna Watershed Park in Pasadena on the east with the Cherry Canyon trails on the west. After passing under Oak Grove Drive and the 210 Freeway, the trail meanders through a lovely, undeveloped area with many oaks, sycamores, and a year-round stream before coming out next to Berkshire Avenue. It then drops down to Woodfield Road, a private street, where it continues along the street, then crosses Chula Senda Lane where the trail surface becomes soft surface again. Parts of the trail widen to 15 to 25 feet or more. These green open spaces add interest and variety to the trail experience.
- Hahamongna Watershed Park
- Berkshire at Dover Road
- Woodfield Road
- Chula Senda west of Woodfield Road
- Woodfield Lane north of Berkshire Ave.
- Oakwood Ave. north of Berkshire Ave.
- Commonwealth Ave. north of Berkshire Ave
- Beulah Dr. north of Berkshire Ave.
- Berkshire Ave. west of Beulah Dr.
- Chevy Chase Drive north of Flintridge Ave.
- Hampstead Road – Cherry Canyon